Maroons goalkeeper against Villa, Vipers stars for Player of the season

Simon Tamale was immense last season|Maroons fc image

UPL AWARDS Maroons goalkeeper against Villa, Vipers stars for Player of the season

Allan Damba 18:27 - 23.06.2023

Maroons FC goalkeeper Simon Tamale will vie for the Uganda Premier League Pilsner Player of Season against Vipers SC skipper Milton Karisa and SC Villa forward Charles Bbaale.

Tamale will feel he has a strong chance of clinching the award having won two Player of the Month awards in the season.

The custodian also won seven Man of the Match awards and also kept 12 clean-sheets to sum up a superb campaign.

Eunice Waweru, Finance & Strategy Director, UBL hands over the Pilsner Player of the Month Award to Maroons FC player Simon Tamale

Meanwhile, Karisa was a key pillar for the Venoms as they won their sixth Uganda Premier League.

Milton Karisa was superb for Vipers last season

He was integral as he scored nine goals and added as many assists in a season to remember. His overall play was just as immense.

On the other hand, Bbaale was also an important part of Villa's failed title charge as he scored 12 goals in 28 games.

Charles Bbaale celebrates scoring against Vipers

Eventually, the Jogoo finished third having accumulated 52 points, one adrift of runners-up KCCA FC and leaders Vipers SC, respectively.

The awards are slated for June 28 at Kati Kati restaurant. The fans' votes will carry 40% while a panel of journalists will make the remaining 60%.

Player of the Season

Milton Karisa

Simon Tamale

Charles Bbaale

Goalkeeper of the Season

Simon Tamale

Hassan Matovu

Nafian Alionzi

Defender of the Season

Warren Buule

Hillary Mukundane

Gift Fred

Midfielder of the Season

Wahab Gadafi

Laban Tibita

Lawrence Bukenya.

Young Player of the Season

Saidi Mayanja

Patrick Kakande

Darius Ojok

Coach of the Season

Mohammed Ssenfuma

Alex Isabirye

Jackson Magera

Other categories include; Topscorer, Most Assists, Players player of the season, Coaches' player of the season and the Best team of the season, Fair play team of the season plus the Platinum award.