Supercomputers predict contrasting outcomes in Premier League title race

PREMIER LEAGUE Supercomputers predict contrasting outcomes in Premier League title race

Mark Kinyanjui 18:00 - 01.04.2024

Two different supercomputers have provided contrasting outcomes on who among Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool will win the league title this season.

As the Premier League season enters its final stretch, two different supercomputers have generated contrasting predictions on the outcome of the intense three-team title race between Liverpool, Manchester City, and Arsenal.

With just three points separating the top three teams and nine games remaining, the race for the title is set to be a thrilling sprint to the finish line.

Liverpool currently leads the pack with 67 points, followed closely by Arsenal with 65 points and reigning champions Manchester City with 64 points.

Follow Pulse Sports X account for more news.

Following the latest round of fixtures, the BETSiE supercomputer developed by Bettingexpert has made its predictions. According to BETSiE, Liverpool is projected to finish at the top of the table with 87 points, securing 20 points from their final nine matches. Arsenal is predicted to come in second with 86 points, while Manchester City is expected to finish third with 84 points.

However, another supercomputer developed by statistical data specialists Opta offers a different outlook. Despite Arsenal's recent draw against Manchester City,

Opta's predictions give them an 18.8% chance of winning the title. Manchester City's chances have dropped to 33.5%, marking their lowest probability of the season following a series of draws in recent games. In contrast, Liverpool's chances have increased to 47.7%, making them the favorites to clinch the title.

The battle for the fourth spot is also expected to be tight, with Aston Villa predicted to finish ahead of Tottenham Hotspur, securing 68 points to Spurs' 67.

Further down the table, Manchester United is projected to finish sixth with 58 points, while Newcastle United is set to claim seventh place and a spot in Europe after a thrilling victory over West Ham. Chelsea is predicted to climb to eighth place.

In the mid-table positions, Brighton, Bournemouth, West Ham, Wolves, and Fulham are expected to occupy the ninth to 13th spots respectively.

Despite points deductions for Nottingham Forest and Everton, the relegation battle is predicted to see Sheffield United, Burnley, and Luton Town going down, with Forest narrowly avoiding relegation in 17th place and Everton finishing 16th. Brentford and Crystal Palace are expected to finish in 15th and 14th places respectively.

As the season reaches its climax, fans eagerly await to see which supercomputer's predictions will be closer to the final outcome of this exhilarating Premier League campaign.